Toro string mower, dealer cannot get a critical part called "mow ball"

RenoHuskerDu

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro string mower, dealer cannot get a critical part called "mow ball"
(Toro web site) 22 in. 163cc Briggs and Stratton String Mower Model: 58620

The steel dome you see down low above the strings in the pic below rides along the ground and steadies the cut height as you move around. It is called a "mow ball" according to my local Toro dealer. We have rocky soil here in Texas. Mine wore out in 6 months, the dome broke off, leaving a grabby spinning stump down there when I try to mow. The Toro dealer spent about an hour on hold with Toro only to find out that he cannot order it. They told him that Toro doesn't even make it! At least he was able to give me the correct part number, 144-4805. I figured I'd find it on the web. But no ...

I've been all over the web and fleabay trying to find Toro mow ball 144-4805. No luck, it's out of stock everywhere. A lot of parts places list that part number, but nobody has it to sell. Because mine wore out so fast, I can't be the only guy looking for one. My string mower is less than a year old and Toro won't sell parts for it?

MowBall.JPG

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Toro string mower, dealer cannot get a critical part called "mow ball"
It is made by Ardisam. The Ardisam part number for the 144-4805 is 19923.

Can be directly ordered from Ardisam or any Earthquake dealer/service center.

RenoHuskerDu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow it is hard to order from their web site. I finally sent them email. We'll see

Last edited:

RenoHuskerDu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out they disabled web sales for some item. I called on the phone and ordered it just fine. Thank you