Export thread

Toro S200-Auger Bearing Questions

M

matt4irish

OK gang, I could use some help. I have a couple old Toro S200 snowblowers that I keep mending and working. One of them decided it was time to give up the auger bearing and the bearing flange is literally rotted away at the back.

It is the old style setup with the 27-0090 shaft, 26-9740 flange, and 27-0070 bearing. I understand that Toro made a change to the setup for these and am interested in converting to the newer setup due to the cost of the 27-0070 bearing and lack of availability of the flange.

I hope to setup with the 38-8610 shaft and cap, a 38-8620 flange and a 38-7820 bearing. I'm assuming I will also need to change the spacer to a 38-8630, but will my old 23-7360 pulley fit or will I have to change out to a 49-1530 or 41-9750?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

M

matt4irish

Has anyone tried to convert this with the newer style parts? Am I on the track or am I missing something?

Thanks!

OK gang, I could use some help. I have a couple old Toro S200 snowblowers that I keep mending and working. One of them decided it was time to give up the auger bearing and the bearing flange is literally rotted away at the back.

It is the old style setup with the 27-0090 shaft, 26-9740 flange, and 27-0070 bearing. I understand that Toro made a change to the setup for these and am interested in converting to the newer setup due to the cost of the 27-0070 bearing and lack of availability of the flange.

I hope to setup with the 38-8610 shaft and cap, a 38-8620 flange and a 38-7820 bearing. I'm assuming I will also need to change the spacer to a 38-8630, but will my old 23-7360 pulley fit or will I have to change out to a 49-1530 or 41-9750?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

exotion

exotion

Kinda seems like to much work for such an old machine. Take your current bearings to a bearing shop (they exist) they can find you a suitable replacement

Carscw

Carscw

I get my bearings at a bearing distributor.
You can also go to napa or a local auto parts store ( not auto zone or a chain store ) and they will measure the bearing and match one up for you

M

matt4irish

Thanks guys. The rotted flange is the wildcard. I ordered the new style flange. The new bearing style is nearly the same depth and OD as the old bearing, but the ID is different so I went to a bearing shop and got one with dimensions that fit that flange as well as the proper ID of the old shaft. Hopefully I can get it all to set in well. Worst case, it will be pushed out about 1/32". I think I can adjust the belt that little bit if need be. Just have to wait for the parts to arrive and then we'll see if I can't get it back together.

You're right, its extra hassle for an old machine, but it runs well and matches others in the fleet. I'd like to keep it working and if the investment is <$20, why not!!!

I appreciate everyone's guidance and insights!

I get my bearings at a bearing distributor.
You can also go to napa or a local auto parts store ( not auto zone or a chain store ) and they will measure the bearing and match one up for you

Carscw

Carscw

Thanks guys. The rotted flange is the wildcard. I ordered the new style flange. The new bearing style is nearly the same depth and OD as the old bearing, but the ID is different so I went to a bearing shop and got one with dimensions that fit that flange as well as the proper ID of the old shaft. Hopefully I can get it all to set in well. Worst case, it will be pushed out about 1/32". I think I can adjust the belt that little bit if need be. Just have to wait for the parts to arrive and then we'll see if I can't get it back together. You're right, its extra hassle for an old machine, but it runs well and matches others in the fleet. I'd like to keep it working and if the investment is <$20, why not!!! I appreciate everyone's guidance and insights!

When ever I need a hard to find bearing flange I go to tractor supply. They have a good selection for older tractors and equipment.