Toro mower

bboy

Threads
Well after countless hours of homework and research I finally made up my mind on a zero turn lawnmower a Toro MX 42 inch deck. Looks like a pretty nice one I'm getting it at $ 3430 OTD. I will be using this mower for home and commercial use hope I got a great mower I know toro is a very well recognized brand. For the engine it is a 23 hp 726cc Kawasaki V-twin engine. any comments suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Jimmyjo

Threads
Well after countless hours of homework and research I finally made up my mind on a zero turn lawnmower a Toro MX 42 inch deck. Looks like a pretty nice one I'm getting it at $ 3430 OTD. I will be using this mower for home and commercial use hope I got a great mower I know toro is a very well recognized brand. For the engine it is a 23 hp 726cc Kawasaki V-twin engine. any comments suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.

>I've been shopping for a zero turn for a while and for now the MX 4260 is at the top of my list. I like the looks of it and I'm most comfortable on over all others so far. I would be most interested in hearing how you like this mower. Keep us informed and good luck with that nice mower.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I'd like to ask a question, what was the first thing you looked at when you were making your decisions on buying this particular mower.

possum

Threads
I think that might be interesting as well. My wife who knows little to nothing about lawnmowers picked one she like last year based on the little cubby hole in the dash and the cup holder. That was the first thing that caught her eye. What sealed her on it was as she described it the starter whirred over really fast and the engine fired right off. On a push type mower she was first attracted by a personal pace as she said it would seem to her the mower would not roll back over her feet on a hill. She however then dismissed the same mower because it made a squeaky sound from the deck flexing when it was picked up by the front wheel saying it sounded bad. When looking at two that passed her test a year later she hands down passed on a Honda engine because her dad never had a Honda and she never liked Honda cars because her schoolgirl friend had a bad wreck in one. She wanted Briggs because her dad always had a Briggs on his 4 cycle mowers. Little things I would never consider can and do seem to make a difference to the average consumer.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You made a great choice. Little things I would do to keep it running at top performance. Before each use check,,, oil level, air cleaner, belts, and fuel. I recommend using non-ethynal fuel all the time if it is available in your area. If you have a sandy lawn base you will have to check, sharpen and chane blades more offen. KEEP IT AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE. Top and bottom of deck. Depending on use you may have to do maintenance more often. If it does not have an hour gauge, I would consider adding one. This makes it very easy to schedule routine maintenance every 50 hours or more often depending on your conditions. Finally, I like that your wife was involved in the selection. If more guys did this it would save a lot of headaches. They look at a lot of the things that guys assume, especially quality. You have probably just cut your mowing time in half, because she will take the tractor and you get the trim mower.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok, Let me rephrase my question. What is the first thing a person will or should look at when buying a mower.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

bboy, I'd do some serious looking at the spec's before I'd make that purchase, you may find out some interesting things you may or may not like.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ok, Let me rephrase my question. What is the first thing a person will or should look at when buying a mower.

That sounds like a loaded question to me. Seeing that no two customers are the same and have the same needs the first thing will be different for everyone. My first question to a customer is, tell what you are looking for and WHY? Gives me a great starting point and makes it easier to match the customers needs.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
As a consumer or customer if you prefer, when I go to a place of business to make a purchase whether it be a car, a mower or something from Home Depot I've already done the research but there's always something I want to check or look at first. So I don't think it's a loaded question.