Toro mower side discharg!!!!!e chute spring

tzab99

Forum Newbie
Threads
The side discharge spring that holds the side discharge door with tension has come off my Toro 20073 self propelled lawn mower. I can not figure out how to put it back on with tension to hold the discharge chute on. I've looked for videos and help everywhere and find nothing. Please help

Threads

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have to load it before you put the rod through.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Put the door in place with the spring loose. Twist the spring in the direction that closes the door, then push the rod through the spring.

tzab99

Forum Newbie
Threads
Put the door in place with the spring loose. Twist the spring in the direction that closes the door, then push the rod through the spring.

Thanks for your help!!!

bail0081

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help!!!

For those who want detailed instructions, I was able to replace the torsion spring that came off my Toro 22" high wheel mower. Here is what I did:

1. Place and hold the chute on the mower in the typical closed position.
2. Orient the torsion spring so that both the ears are nearest the chute (towards you). Slip the left ear into the formed slot (small hole) of the chute. You may have to raise the chute slightly to insert the ear.
3. The key step. While holding the chute near its closed position, rotate the right end of the torsion spring COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. This will cause the right ear to move back across the frame of the mower and over the metal bracket attached to the mower. It will create tension because the left ear is held in place in the slot of the chute.
4. Once over the lip of the bracket, press down on the chute to hold the spring in place and insert the rod.
5. Done.

RJones17

Forum Newbie
Threads
Extremely helpful. Thank you.