Toro LX425 a Troy-Bilt Super Bronco in wolf's clothing?

jaguar513

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro LX425 a Troy-Bilt Super Bronco in wolf's clothing?
I posted this elsewhere on the site...New Member Forum...sorry for the double post, but what do ya expect from a Newbie?

I have a 2007 42" Toro LX 425 that has a date of manufacture of 3/2007. My neighbor has a 2007 42" Troy-Bilt Super Bronco with the same manufacture date. The model number for both and serial numbers are very similar. Belts are the same. Other than body work and engine size (Toro has 20 HP Kohler: Troy-Bilt 16.5 HP Kohler), they could be twins. Even the owner's Manuals look the same. What gives? I thought that Toro was superior to Troy-Bilt, but now have my doubts. Are these the same unit merely wearing different badges, a practice used in the auto industry?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Toro LX425 a Troy-Bilt Super Bronco in wolf's clothing?
I posted this elsewhere on the site...New Member Forum...sorry for the double post, but what do ya expect from a Newbie?

I have a 2007 42" Toro LX 425 that has a date of manufacture of 3/2007. My neighbor has a 2007 42" Troy-Bilt Super Bronco with the same manufacture date. The model number for both and serial numbers are very similar. Belts are the same. Other than body work and engine size (Toro has 20 HP Kohler: Troy-Bilt 16.5 HP Kohler), they could be twins. Even the owner's Manuals look the same. What gives? I thought that Toro was superior to Troy-Bilt, but now have my doubts. Are these the same unit merely wearing different badges, a practice used in the auto industry?

I agree, there are too many sub-forums here. But yes, the model swap/paint/rebadge thing is pretty common.

Not too long ago, WalMart sold a red Poulan chainsaw with the Snapper brand/logo on it....