toro lawn mower

sez

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a brand-new Briggs and Statton Torro lawn mower that won't start after it's get hot, after it cools down it starts right up. Oil is clean and full, new non ethanol gas, clean air filter.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a brand-new Briggs and Statton Torro lawn mower that won't start after it's get hot
Take it back where you got it from.

Pro tip: buy mowers at real mower shops. Not Home Depot, Lowes, Tractor Supply and so on. No big box stores.

If you still want help, we need the ENGINE numbers please.

Mowers have 2 series of numbers. One for the mower itself and the last for the engine. If your issue is mower related, which set do we need class? Mower numbers, you are correct. If you have an engine issue like it won't start, which numbers class? Right again, those pesky engine numbers.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
My suggestion it to go thru the steps of starting it cold exactly the same when hot except don't prime it. If you aren't priming it, take it back and have them adjust it. If it is a used mower, that is new to you, ask the guy you bought it from how to start it hot.

Compression, fuel and oxygen in an approximate ratio, and spark are needed to run. When an engine has trouble, one of those is missing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Engine model number for this unit is 104M020010F1. First thing I would check, the next time it happens, is to remove the air filter cover and look to see if the choke is open when hot. I’ve seen where the choke control spring is missing and the choke closes, causing a very rich fuel mixture when hot stating.

deminin

Threads
I have a brand-new Briggs and Statton Torro lawn mower that won't start after it's get hot, after it cools down it starts right up. Oil is clean and full, new non ethanol gas, clean air filter.
I had the same trouble with my Toro Personal Pace, last year. After trying several things, I installed a new spark plug, and it hasn't failed since. The old plug looked ok, but apparently when it got hot, it failed.

sez

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same trouble with my Toro Personal Pace, last year. After trying several things, I installed a new spark plug, and it hasn't failed since. The old plug looked ok, but apparently when it got hot, it failed.
Thanks I will give it a try