TORO Kohler Courage 20 won't run!!!!

Natenel1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler Courage 20 sv710 750cc

bear with me.. I'm not a lawn mower mechanic by any means (diesel mechanic by trade) but my toro has been giving me problems non stop all year. Started with barley wanting to stay running, i changed the carb, fuel pump, fuel lines and service it. After that it would still hardly run, it would run for 10 seconds then die. Fuel filters full of fuel as well as carb. Tried adjusting carb to no luck. Out of curiosity of how the rockers looked i pulled valve cover and ended up adjusting valves. Let silicone sit for a few days and started up mower and ran great! For 20 ish minutes then started to surge alittle at high idle. Shut mower off at 30 minutes then went and mowed lawn. Entire time while mowing it would surge every 5 seconds and almost die. Finished up brought into shop and it died right when i parked it. The battery was weak so i replaced that as well. Now back to square one, it will fire for a quick quick second and shut off. Usually have to have the choke on.
Any ideas? I appreciate in input!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Started with barley wanting to stay running, i changed the carb

Put the old carb back on. The kill mechanism on most small engines is normally to ground the coil(s). If an engine runs with no spark it is due to overheating of carbon particles inside the combustion chamber. But , if you still have spark when it is turned off, the kill wire or circuit is defective. That is what I would suggest.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
debris in fuel system from the tank through to the carn.
Fuel lines collapsed
Fuel vent blocked
BAd connection to the fuel solenoid in the carb
Bad fuel solenoid in the carb

Natenel1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Put the old carb back on. The kill mechanism on most small engines is normally to ground the coil(s). If an engine runs with no spark it is due to overheating of carbon particles inside the combustion chamber. But , if you still have spark when it is turned off, the kill wire or circuit is defective. That is what I would suggest.
Appreciate the help. Put the old carb back on and started up! Ran great no surging for 5 minutes then started surging again. Eventually died.. maybe it is a fuel line collapsed or even the vacuum line coming off valve cover? Going to replace them all unless there may be another potential reason, again thank you