Toro Groundsmaster 7210

Kim Evans

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Groundsmaster 7210 which I bought fairly cheaply a couple of years ago and expected to have some problems, which I had, but managed to fix them all but am now faced with a problem which has been quite hard to control
The issue is with the rubber mounts under the gearbox on the mower deck. The Kubota diesel motor delivers immense torque to this gearbox and , coupled with the fact that some of the grass on my property is fairly long, the rubber mounts are being rapidly ripped apart with the stress on them....and the mounting brackes holes are starting to become ovals with movement of the gearbox......I dont try to mow quickly at all if the grass is long and try to look after it. These 3 very small mounts are now $90.00 each here in Australia and so the machine is becoming quite the liability. I have tried making my own mounts with various types of harder rubber which has helped a fair bit but the problem persists.....The driveshaft universals seem to be OK and not sloppy and I have replaced all the seals and bearings in the gearbox itself which works quite well. I have considered adding one or two extra and bigger isolation rubber mounts to the top boltholes on the gearbox and attaching them to two small brackets welded to the deck body in an attempt to stop the gearbox wobbling about and also backing off the screw which limits the belt tensioner arm to allow it to absorb shocks more easily...... my earlier Kubota mower doesnt use rubber mounts on its gearbox and the movement of the tensioner arm has always absorbed shocks with no damage and its gearbox is no sturdier than the Toro's..... does anyone have any ideas on how I might alleviate the problem.....I would really appreciate it because the mower does a wonderful job and my entire 18 acres look quite manicured..... many thanks if you have any ideas