Toro Engines ? Who is making them ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back in 2014 model year when I bought my Toro, I had the option of a toro branded engine or the Kawasaki.
IDK when 1st Toro branded ones were built ?

But my Kawasaki is running great..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
<deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

slinger2

Threads
Videos on these engines. I have heard the Toro engine is being discontinued next year because of cost - not performance. The V-Twin lawsuit from B&S on foreign made engines, Tariffs, and shipping have all made importing v-twin engines unrealistic at this time.

ukrkoz

Threads
As I am looking into Tor MyRide one, came across this thread - and this below:

THE TORO ZX V-TWIN Commercial Engine

We are now in year 8 with the TORO ZX and have become very confident in this engine at B T South after having sold over 2000 pieces of equipment power by the ZX. It's key features include:

➤ Two Barrel Metal Alloy Carburetor
➤ 3 Ring Automotive Style Pistons
➤ Cast Iron Sleeved Cylinders
➤ 5 Bolt Heads
➤ Gaskets on all Engine Seams (in lieu of silicone cement)
➤ Cross Drilled Oil Sump Webbing. Allows more complete draining during oil change
➤ Pressurized Lubrication with spin on oil filter
➤ Easy Oil Change System. No tools required to change oil
➤ Two Stage Air Filtration w/Self cleaning feature to extend air filter life
➤ Cast Alloy Valve Covers
➤ Cast Alloy Intake Manifold
➤ Manufacturer Warranty: Varies based on host machine and maintenance kit promotion participation. Up to 4 Years / 750 Hours Commercial Use.

The TORO ZX 708cc 24.5 HP V-Twin Engine hit the market in Spring of 2015. In 2017 a 22.5 HP version was released which was the same engine with a different carburetor. In 2018 a 24.5 HP version with canister air filtration was released as well as a canister upgrade kit available for the other models. The canister air filter does not filter air any better, but it allows longer service intervals between filter changes which is popular with commercial landscapers who quickly put a lot of hours on their equipment.

These excellent engines continue to be offered across the TimeCutter, Titan & Z-Master lines.

We have become extremely confident in this engine as they can last thousands of hours. Not only are we seeing this success for customers that regularly change their oil and maintain the engine as we recommend. But we are quite frankly amazed by the engines still running past 1000 hours for engine abusive customers that tell us "maybe next time" when we recommend changing filthy oil and soiled air filters. We conclude its durability is on par with other top tier engines like the Kawasaki FX and Kohler Command Pro.