Toro Electric 60V MAX Upper Shroud Removal

Slimm38

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just acquired a new walk behind Toro electric Flex Force 60V Max - 21469. I want to remove the upper power head shroud. I cannot find any service manual info on that model. I have removed all of the fasteners I see; four bolts inside the battery compartment and two bolts in the rear. However the upper shroud remains secured, though loose. I just do not see any other attachment points.

I am thinking there could be some friction snaps. I have applied a good amount of pressure but no release, and am afraid of using to much pressure and break it.
Will appreciate some help.

(Actually the reason I want to remove the shroud is because I want to disconnect those stupid headlights, which seem to be so prevalent on new electrics and with no turn-off capability. I do not want to use battery energy powering lights in broad daylight... duh🤬)

Slimm38

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivets, Thanks much for that reference. Very useful. I have accessed the six screws shown in the diagram - ref #3. The diagrams indicates eight screws; however only seven are shown. The other one - and missing other - attach to the battery door pivots - ref #9 & #10.

You will notice though that those screws are inverted and can be accessed only after the upper shroud is removed. So those two screws cannot be securing the upper shroud itself. See attaches.

I still think there may be some friction/squeeze snaps. I will try again to nudge it off. Failing that I guess I will have to shame myself and go to the Toro dealer for 'guidance'. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    64.6 KB · Views: 0

Slimm38

Forum Newbie
Threads
Success! Got that sucker off. As suspected there are snap clips on the bezels that need to be depressed with a putty knife. Thanks again for that reference. Will definitely keep that in my library. That verified all of the fasteners were identified.

So disconnected the stupid lights... which was the ulterior motive.

Just for grins and if I feel motivated, may install an external switch to control the lights.
Gee...what a novel idea... TORO... You listening??

Attachments

• Presentation2.gif
    Presentation2.gif
    176.1 KB · Views: 0