Toro branded 22.5 hp engine?

Elkins45

Threads
I’m looking at ZT mowers and there are some Toro options with Kawasaki engines and others with Toro-branded ones, specifically a 22.5 hp on a 42” deck model. Are these actually made by Toro or are they just rebadged from some other maker? If they are actually made by Toro how are they in terms of reliability? Are parts available and reasonably priced?

Thanks for any info.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Toro and Exmark branded engines are made by Loncin of China. They could be made in various places in Asia that has Loncin engine plants. I’ve owned two Toro mowers with the 708cc 24.5 hp engine. I never had any problems out of either of the engines.

Elkins45

Threads
I see two nearly identical models with the exception of Toro vs Kohler engines. The Toro is about $400 more. I wonder if I should just buy the Kohler and set the difference aside for parts/etc.?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You might want to ask the dealer about parts availability on the two engines. Ask about fuel efficiency between the two.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Loncin does not have a parts supply system
They only supply complete engines
Thus Loncin parts have to come through the dealer network
My wholesalers now carry air filters for them but that is it for aftermarket parts
In most cases Honda parts can e substituted, if you know exactly which Honda part is the one that fits .

ken2

Threads
I have 2019 32" Toro ZT with the Toro branded engine. I have 230 hrs on it and no trouble so far. I use it for mowing a cemetery.