Toro 5000 (brake module humming)

mdsheets74

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hadn't used my timecutter for a month and when I went out the battery was dead. I charged the battery and now the brake module just keeps running like it is engage/disengage parking brake but it isn't doing anything. It just hums/vibrates. Guessing that is why the battery was dead. I unplugged it so the battery won't die again. When I turn the key it does nothing...won't try to turn over.

Anyone else have that issue? Is it the brake module itself or is something causing it to do it? I went ahead and ordered a module and it will be here in 2 weeks.

Thanks!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is the one I thinking of then yes it is likely the module gone bad. Most time they want you to replace the wiring harness too for warranty purposes. These module are powered even the ignition switch off.

mdsheets74

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it is the one I thinking of then yes it is likely the module gone bad. Most time they want you to replace the wiring harness too for warranty purposes. These module are powered even the ignition switch off.
Thanks! Ya, I found a video to bypass the module jumping a couple wires and got it started. Good temp fix until the stupid module comes.