Buying Advice Toro 22in Recycler Walk Behind, Buyer Beware

HIgh Rustler

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate the folks who have taken the time to respond. Hope you'll consider the forgoing, very respectfully submitted -

My toro 22 inch, for the second time since I bought it new 9/18/2012, absolutely will not start. I've taken it to the same, toro-authorized service shop, for a second time. They say the carburator is "full of rust and goo" and "you must be using some sort of aweful gas with water and junk in it." They again want to replace the carb at a cost of $78. I've read and know about the problems that ethyol is causing, and I'm really not trying to shoot or mutiliate the messengers here. Really. I'm just trying to figure this out:

If I have a Kholer toro, am i in any senerio simply going to be going through the hassle of replacing the carb every six months? Are there better deisgns out there? I've got probably 2/3rds acre of fescue I've got to mow pretty much year around.

Thank you all! HR

PS on the gas I've not changed a thing in 25 yrs of mowing, just go to the local chevron and fill the two gallon gas can. probably keep no more than a month or two.