Toro 20095

steveleb

Threads
I have a 20095 key operated model. The battery is gone and the key also. the wires to the have been cut off and no ignition switch and it wont start. Is there any of those wires should be connect to start the mower. The two red wires are not connected to anything.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Battery, switch and wires are for electric starting only and have nothing to do with the engine starting or running. You will have to troubleshoot the engine to find out if you have a fuel or ignition problem causing your not starting problem.

steveleb

Threads
I sprayed starting fluid in it and it didnt start, but when I tried to start it i heard compression out of the carburetor. Is that normal?

steveleb

Threads
I tried a compression check 0 no compression. I was attempting to pull the head and the middle bottom bolt had oil on it. Don't think that's normal. When that happened is stopped and didn't remove the head.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I tried a compression check 0 no compression. I was attempting to pull the head and the middle bottom bolt had oil on it. Don't think that's normal. When that happened is stopped and didn't remove the head.
What model is the engine? How old is it? How did you do the compression test? Sounds like it is a flathead engine around 20 years old. Try to remove the cylinder head and look at the valves, etc.

steveleb

Threads
The build date of the mower has 04/09 on the barcode. Compression test was done with a gauge same one I check the compression of my cars.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look under the rear door cover for the serial number tag. Toro don't list the mower by build date but by serial number range, so you six different serial number breaks to choose from.

1714393669417.png

But if compression is coming out the carburetor it likely a stuck valve; although can't rule out a hole in the piston and the air is coming the breather tube at the carb.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
2009 models have a serial number starting with 29#$XXXX

steveleb

Threads
Took the head off and cleaned the head and top of the block off. With a plastic scraper and starting fluid. I am replacing the head gasket and I need to know the torque sequence and how many pounds to torque the bolts. Its a 126T07 4226-B1.
Thanks for your help.

Gearhead1432

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took the head off and cleaned the head and top of the block off. With a plastic scraper and starting fluid. I am replacing the head gasket and I need to know the torque sequence and how many pounds to torque the bolts. Its a 126T07 4226-B1.
Thanks for your help.
My older B&S Service Manual lists the head bolt torque at 140 Inch pounds for 6B through 130000 aluminum engines.

-Cheers

Last edited: