Tires

66vette

Threads
I am about to purchase a new 729T Mower with Bar Tires. In addition I want to purchase Turf Tires, they are offering the standard Turf Tires at $385 per set vs the Turf Tires at $250 that accommodate tire chains. My assumption is the difference is that they are smaller diameter to allow chains to fit under the fenders. Are there any other difference that would account for the large difference in price.

4getgto

Threads
Bar tires typically costs more than turfs.
And I believe the bar tires recommended are 21-8x 8 versus 20-8x 8.. So a bit higher..
At least on mine they are...

66vette

Threads
I need to clarify, the bar tire is not what I am asking about. The turf tires I am buying separately is what I am asking about. Price difference between standard at $385 and those that accept chains at $250

4getgto

Threads
Yea I'm not sure what they mean by two different turf tires. Maybe call them or do a little more checking for spec's and see what the difference is.

arto_wa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pretty expensive little tires - does that include the wheels? Is that a tire shop price, or a lawnmower dealer price?

66vette

Threads
Pretty expensive little tires - does that include the wheels? Is that a tire shop price, or a lawnmower dealer price?
That is the dealer price prior to discounts it includes the wheels. I am purchasing a total package to replace everything I have today, which includes mower , snow blower and cab, vacuum package.