Tires... where do you get yours?

The Chairman

Threads
A dynamic removal is a lot better for the tyre & the rim than a static method using levers even with proper levers and proper tyre lube.
Easier, yes. Better? I guess that depends on the guy doing the work. I don't have any powered tire changers here, and I don't really need them. I worked for 15 years at Goodyear Tire and Rubber. Our pneumatic changers were great for 12" and bigger, but not the little stuff. That, we did by hand. With only a few units being sold every month and just as many flat repairs, it didn't make economical sense to own a smaller changer. I have even a smaller need here on the homestead, so I just do it by hand. It ain't so bad.

As for ripping beads, that's more a function of the operator than anything. I've seen guys rip new beads on a high end changer and yet, I can't recall ever ripping one myself. Personally, I've probably changed 3,000 tires and have probably a few hundred flat repairs. There were probably a hundred or so manual tire changes in all of that. I've even done split rims (big trucks) and double bladder race car tires. I can only remember ripping a bead once, and yes, that was an older tire. For me, it's all about time and I would spend far more time taking it elsewhere than just doing it myself.

1slow5point0h

Threads
I just got these in today. Size is close enough to the 20x12x10, and I think they’ll work out well, definitely more traction than the factory tires. $55 a piece.

Attachments

• DBE7FD2F-1E73-415D-B8AC-971DCA2D5452.jpeg
    DBE7FD2F-1E73-415D-B8AC-971DCA2D5452.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 7