Tips and height recommedations for mowing unlevel yards

With a properly designed deck I don't see why you would change the cutting height the anti scalping wheels should take care of that.
What kind of mower do you have that is scalping.
 
With a properly designed deck I don't see why you would change the cutting height the anti scalping wheels should take care of that.
What kind of mower do you have that is scalping.

Think of it like this, One has several mole mounds or ant hills in their yard. Scalping wheels work to a point but scalping wheels or not it will still scalp the mess out of an unlevel yard without adjusting your cutting height. The speed of mowing will also greatly affect the appearance, bigger the bounce, bigger the scalp with or without scalping wheels regardless of deck design, etc...

Just my opinion and many years and hours of experience mowing grass.:thumbsup:
 
Think of it like this, One has several mole mounds or ant hills in their yard. Scalping wheels work to a point but scalping wheels or not it will still scalp the mess out of an unlevel yard without adjusting your cutting height. The speed of mowing will also greatly affect the appearance, bigger the bounce, bigger the scalp with or without scalping wheels regardless of deck design, etc...

Just my opinion and many years and hours of experience mowing grass.:thumbsup:
Well I can see that happening but why would anyone mow mole holes that is hard on the blades.

The few times that I had moles I got rid of them quick with smoke bombs and before mowing I drove over the runs with the tractor and mashed them.

Never once gave any thought to mowing them.:eek:
 
Well I can see that happening but why would anyone mow mole holes that is hard on the blades.

The few times that I had moles I got rid of them quick with smoke bombs and before mowing I drove over the runs with the tractor and mashed them.

Never once gave any thought to mowing them.:eek:

That was to give a visual of an unlevel yard, the remedies for an actual unlevel yard aren't a quick fix as mentioned above.
 
With a properly designed deck I don't see why you would change the cutting height the anti scalping wheels should take care of that.
What kind of mower do you have that is scalping.

I just recentlly bought a bad boy mower with 60 inch cutting deck... Have only used it a few times and does great.. Just trying to avoid some scalping on the unlevel parts of my yard. I noticed when I cut it at 3 1/2 inches high it did better than 2 1/2 Thought about lowering my scalping wheels in the back and trying that.
 
Back
Top