TimeMaster 30" making screeching noise

jlj1

Threads
No, trip the mower on its side, carb up and you’ll be able to eee what I’m talking about.
I finally figured out what the problem was. The noise was coming from the front of the mower as a result of the blade hitting the side of the deck. I discovered a small dent that the blade was hitting very slightly. I pounded out the dent and no more noise. Thanks for your assistance.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ah man, don't get into the habit of buying from home cheapo or lowes. They sell factory returns and B stock mowers as NEW. Ever wonder how HD and Lowes have such great pricing? My mower shop says all the time, people buy a new mower from HD or Lowes. It is a turd like this one. They see stamped on the under side of the deck - factory reconditioned. The mower was brand new from Home Depot. My mower shop refuses to work on them. Why? Toro won't pay the shop for warranty work.

Take it back and get your money refunded ASAP. Ask for the on duty manager. Don't take no for an answer.
a seller that buys excess inventory from Home Depot.
Oh man, good luck with it sir. Reread, you didn't buy from HD or Lowes.

Those blades are timed so as to not hit each other.

slomo

gapmd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your input. I purchased the machine from a seller that buys excess inventory from Home Depot. I have been in contact with Toro providing my bill of sale and the manifest from HD to them showing the mower. It was advertised as new display model. It was certainly brand new when I picked it up. Toro will review my information and decide if they will extend the warranty to me. Fingers are crossed. In the mean time I will check the blades. What ever is wrong has something to do with the left rear of the mower. If I engage the blades and lift the left rear I get all this noise as if something is hitting the underside if the deck. If I lift the right rear there is absolute silence. If I don't engage the blades but use the drive only there is no noise. I looked under the deck for signs of something hitting but saw nothing. Tomorrow I will pull the front cover and check there. I will also check the position of the blades. There is absolutely no vibration and it mows perfectly, except for my stated problem.
Sounds to me like maybe someone that installed the belt for the deck may not have put the belt on correctly and the belt is actually running across a spring or bracket for one of the pulleys? We had similar issue with a new Kubota that my son picked up. The tech had the belt routed correctly, but did not install a pulley on the bracket correctly and the pulley was actually rubbing on the bracket.