Timecutter SS5000 drives but very slowly

X007

Forum Newbie
Threads
This Timecutter SS5000 was on its first day of mowing. The operator says a stick got tossed into the drive belt area. After putting the belt back on the pulleys and even after installing a new Toro belt it will not move at normal speed. It drives and steers fine around the shop. The steering handles feel right. It will not get up to mowing speed and hasn't enough power to climb onto its trailer or cross a sidewalk. I have verified that the brakes ARE releasing.

It looks like the belt is slipping on the motor pulley but its hard to get a good observation. I might try a one inch shorter belt on the assumption that some sort of alignment got changed. It seems to be a poor design the way the belt only contacts the motor pulley for about three inches.

I would appreciate any advice on a fix. The dealer says he is six weeks behind and it came from Home Depot.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What I would do is add a idler pulley close to the motor pulley so more of the belt would be on the pulley.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if the belt is not on the correct side of the idler pulley, meaning it may no be routed correctly.

X007

Forum Newbie
Threads
Solved, routed wrong

The belt was routed wrong. It should wrap around the motor pulley and not wrap around the idler. I was looking at the diagram in the parts catalog backwards. Poor documentation. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The belt was routed wrong. It should wrap around the motor pulley and not wrap around the idler. I was looking at the diagram in the parts catalog backwards. Poor documentation. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Glad you got it going. And stick with your story.