Timecutter ss4225 left hydro gets weak after short use. Squealing coming from left rear and smell of bunt rubber

toroman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Timecutter ss4225 left hydro gets weak after short use. Squealing coming from left rear and smell of bunt rubber
Hi-

I am new to my used Toro Timecutter ss 4225. Driving the unit before I bought it used. The hydros had no problems. As I was cutting grass for the first time, the left hydros is weak and I have a squeal coming from the left rear. I also smell burnt rubber after sometime of cutting. Can anyone help explain this to me?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Timecutter ss4225 left hydro gets weak after short use. Squealing coming from left rear and smell of bunt rubber
Burning rubber smell happens beacuse a belt is running against something that is not able to rotate
In your case my immediate guess is that during transporting the belt has fallen off the left pulley and is now running between the pulley & the fan or the pulley & the housing
You will have to get the back up in the air and feel around with your fingers as it is near impossible to see it .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree with Bert, but would add the following. When was the last time the drive belt and the idler pulleys were changed. I always change the idler pulleys on these unit when changing the belt, as it is a pain in the butt when doing this repair and I only want to do it once.

toroman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the responses. I did some investigating.. I found that the previous owner installed the left rear wheel backwards and the tire was dragging on the frame... But, I will being going through this machine this winter to replace wear items. Once again, thank you!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well that was an easy fix
Hope the rest is just as simple .