Timecutter Maintenance Extras

shurguywutt

Threads
Hello all!

What is the opinion of the experts when it comes to extra maintenance? Things other than the standard oil change, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and blade sharpening.

I try to keep things lubricated and tight. Battery on a trickle charger. Wash the deck every mow, blow off debris.

What other things can be done or are things that you do that are not necessarily in the manual?

Thanks for any ideas.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
One of the best things that you can do is to blow off the engine really good with a leaf blower or air compressor after each use. This should be done before any water touches the machine. This helps to prevent the buildup of dust grass around the engine cooling fins. Once a year, remove the engine fan shroud and get any extra grass and dirt from the cooling fins. If it’s extra dirty, some of the tin around the engine might need to be removed for cleaning. A non-chlorinated brake cleaner will help with that. The yearly cleaning is outlined in your engine manual and/or machine manual. By blowing it off after each use, you prevent a good amount of debris buildup around the engine.

shurguywutt

Threads
One of the best things that you can do is to blow off the engine really good with a leaf blower or air compressor after each use. This should be done before any water touches the machine. This helps to prevent the buildup of dust grass around the engine cooling fins. Once a year, remove the engine fan shroud and get any extra grass and dirt from the cooling fins. If it’s extra dirty, some of the tin around the engine might need to be removed for cleaning. A non-chlorinated brake cleaner will help with that. The yearly cleaning is outlined in your engine manual and/or machine manual. By blowing it off after each use, you prevent a good amount of debris buildup around the engine.
Good idea. What about tightening any of the bolts on the engine?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They rarely come loose
Forget about water clippings respond better to air from a long air duster\

Some dry spray lube on every place where 2 metal parts move against each other is also a good idea Keeping the hydros free from build ups of dirt & clippings will help them dissipate heat thus prolong their life

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
They rarely come loose
Forget about water clippings respond better to air from a long air duster\

Some dry spray lube on every place where 2 metal parts move against each other is also a good idea Keeping the hydros free from build ups of dirt & clippings will help them dissipate heat thus prolong their life
Compressed air or a leaf blower over over the entire machine, after each mowing, will take care of the hydros too.

Lawn Addict
Threads
After blow off w/leaf blower, then I wipe mine off with Cal Duster. End of season after all servicing is done, I clean it w/dry clean wipes.
Then, I wax my mower. Makes keeping it clean so easy thru mow season.

PS: Water has NEVER touched my machines.