TimeCutter 34” Zero Turn Blade options?

John34

Threads
You will find it worthwhile to get sets of several different blades, even if they are the same style to try
Some customers found that a genuine Gator did not work for them but the Gator copy , Copper head did.
You also have to realize that the air flow dynamics under a 2 blade deck are nothing like those under a single blade deck .
When doing a comparison it is best to do them on a weekly swap basis as again the clippings from lush spring growth are totally different from the clippings high summer which are again different to the clippings late fall
People who bag are well aware of this
Good advice, will do that. Thank you.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good advice, will do that. Thank you.
I have to agree with @bertsmobile1 .
My experience with the Oregon Gator blades is they tend to pack the deck with fine grass clippings. There will also be large clumps falling out every so often. This is especially true if your grass is the least little bit damp. They do work great for fall cleanups and your first spring mowing. I don’t know about the Rotary Copperhead mulching type blades. For general use side discharge, high lift blades work the best.

John34

Threads
I have to agree with @bertsmobile1 .
My experience with the Oregon Gator blades is they tend to pack the deck with fine grass clippings. There will also be large clumps falling out every so often. This is especially true if your grass is the least little bit damp. They do work great for fall cleanups and your first spring mowing. I don’t know about the Rotary Copperhead mulching type blades. For general use side discharge, high lift blades work the best.
Thank you for your input. At this point, looks like I will need to stay with the original blades, as they seem to be proprietary on this model for some odd reason.

Dpmulvan

Threads
Try spraying your deck with fluid film or something similar makes a huge difference

John34

Threads
Will try that. Should of treated underside of deck before first cut. Doh!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you for your input. At this point, looks like I will need to stay with the original blades, as they seem to be proprietary on this model for some odd reason.
Pretty much. I once owned a 50” Timecutter and it used the same blades.

Cornfield

Threads
I just got a 34” and it cuts fine. I mow pretty often. I was using a John Deere x330 with mulch kit and was mowing Once or twice per week. I’ll probably mow as often with the new Toro.