TimeCutter 34” Zero Turn Blade options?

John34

Threads
I have a Toro 34” Zero Turn Timecutter (75740), and was wondering if anyone had any success in finding a Gator or Copperhead blade that may offer a better cut than the original blade?
Never was a fan of the Toro recycler blades. Here is the Toro Blade pt. number. 140-5134-03 It is a 17.5” x3” with a round 5/8 arbor
Called a few places, and no luck on substitutes, etc. Just wondering if anyone did a little experimenting on their own?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes there are Gators that will fit, both G3 & G5.
They are not listed for the Time Cutters and from memory are the front blade from a 3 blade deck that uses a small front blade
All after market blade suppliers have a "Blades by length " table
Remember the length is the diagonal length so a 17.5" blade that is 3" wide is shorter than a 17.5" blade that is 2" wide
However weather you will get a "better" cut has around a thousand variables
Most of my pro customers keep several different blades for different lawns because no blade is universally better for everything .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would not worry about the less than1/16" difference; unless, the blade is really that close to the deck sides as 2" wide blade is just under 1/16" longer than the 3" wide blade.

John34

Threads
Thank you Sir, makes it that much easier to get correct blade, and not worry about my math.

John34

Threads
Yes there are Gators that will fit, both G3 & G5.
They are not listed for the Time Cutters and from memory are the front blade from a 3 blade deck that uses a small front blade
All after market blade suppliers have a "Blades by length " table
Remember the length is the diagonal length so a 17.5" blade that is 3" wide is shorter than a 17.5" blade that is 2" wide
However weather you will get a "better" cut has around a thousand variables
Most of my pro customers keep several different blades for different lawns because no blade is universally better for everything .
Thank you for all your good information! Will start looking tomorrow, armed with that knowledge. Thank you again for your reply!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just went through the Oregon Dealer catalog.

The Gator G5 17-1/2 x 3 with 5/8 center hole with Zero offset is Oregon PN 594-085.
There is one other G5 but ithas an offset of 3/8".

John34

Threads
Thank you for going the extra mile, and researching the blade to fit my needs! Sounds perfect, will give them a try. I loved the Gator on my 21” Toro Recycler trimmer.
Very much appreciate the extra effort.

John34

Threads
Thank you for going the extra mile, and researching the blade to fit my needs! Sounds perfect, will give them a try. I loved the Gator on my 21” Toro Recycler trimmer.
Very much appreciate the extra effort.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will find it worthwhile to get sets of several different blades, even if they are the same style to try
Some customers found that a genuine Gator did not work for them but the Gator copy , Copper head did.
You also have to realize that the air flow dynamics under a 2 blade deck are nothing like those under a single blade deck .
When doing a comparison it is best to do them on a weekly swap basis as again the clippings from lush spring growth are totally different from the clippings high summer which are again different to the clippings late fall
People who bag are well aware of this

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Toro 34” Zero Turn Timecutter (75740), and was wondering if anyone had any success in finding a Gator or Copperhead blade that may offer a better cut than the original blade?
Never was a fan of the Toro recycler blades. Here is the Toro Blade pt. number. 140-5134-03 It is a 17.5” x3” with a round 5/8 arbor
Called a few places, and no luck on substitutes, etc. Just wondering if anyone did a little experimenting on their own?
You said your mower is a Toro model 75740. That comes up as a 42” mower.
However, you also say that it’s a 34” mower. For the 34” and 50” Toro Timecutters, both take 17 1/2” blades. Here’s what popped up on Oregon’s site. https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/gator®-g5™-blade%2c-17-1-2%22/p/594-078

Last edited: