Tilting a mower over muffler side up?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Point the spark plug up.

nbpt100

Threads
Point the spark plug up.
Good Point!!!!!. Some older machines have the spark plug facing toward the rear of the machine. I have seen some facing the side. So rule of thumb should be: Carb or plug up.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
most of our push mowers, i have to use a heavy concrete block and put it on the handles for them to stay up.
That is what old batteries are for
A weight with a handle
However with most rear discharge mowers if you hole the flap & trip the handles out they will sit upright supported by the flap

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just evac the oil and gas guys. 26 second job here.

Now what side do I tilt up? So much confusion. Plug where?

Last edited:

nbpt100

Threads
Just evac the oil and gas guys. 26 second job here.

Now what side do I tilit up? So much confusion. Plug where?
That is a great approach if you can not recall carb or plug up. I had a guy today begin to tip his machine carb up to show me something on the bottom and I stop him and explained only carb up. He asked How do I know where the carb is? So for someone like this who does not know much or want to know much, evac is the way to go.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is a great approach if you can not recall carb or plug up. I had a guy today begin to tip his machine carb up to show me something on the bottom and I stop him and explained only carb up. He asked How do I know where the carb is? So for someone like this who does not know much or want to know much, evac is the way to go.
Simplifies the entire subject. If you have a lot of mowers like me you must have an evac tool.
1661953215315.png