Repairs Tiller won't start, has spark and fuel

jmor

Forum Newbie
I have a Troy Bilt Garden Way Speedy Hoe tiller 12001 that no longer will start (Tecumseh engine w/ Walbro carb). It has spark, fresh fuel is getting to the cylinder, air cleaner is clean, but all I get are puffs of smoke. Not even a 'cough' like it's trying to start.
What should I check next?
 
I have a Troy Bilt Garden Way Speedy Hoe tiller 12001 that no longer will start (Tecumseh engine w/ Walbro carb). It has spark, fresh fuel is getting to the cylinder, air cleaner is clean, but all I get are puffs of smoke. Not even a 'cough' like it's trying to start.
What should I check next?
Choke or carby butterfly collapsed, like closed for whatever reason, busted
spring/cable/adjustor?

KK
 
I have a Troy Bilt Garden Way Speedy Hoe tiller 12001 that no longer will start (Tecumseh engine w/ Walbro carb). It has spark, fresh fuel is getting to the cylinder, air cleaner is clean, but all I get are puffs of smoke. Not even a 'cough' like it's trying to start.
What should I check next?
Must also have spark at the correct time and enough compression.
 
The springs look like they are doing their job keeping the butterfly in check and moving the throttle like they should.
I'll check the carb. again.
thanks for the tip.
 
The springs look like they are doing their job keeping the butterfly in check and moving the throttle like they should.
I'll check the carb. again.
thanks for the tip.
Yeup... use a manual to check/reset idle and fast speed settings.

KK
 
Back
Top