Tiller with 5 Hp B&S

The link you have hooked to the control (the sprocket as you called it) needs to be removed and hooked to the governor arm out of the engine. Then the spring need to be hooked to the governor arm. Check the photo ILENGINE posted. The way you have it set up the governor has no control of the engine.
Remember the governor is what controls the speed and cannot do it if it is not in the link.
 
I had the model number and carb number written down somewhere when I ordered the new carb. I've got to find my notes (scrap of paper lol) and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

I've got to walk away from it now or I'll end up throwing it in the trash lol.

Thanks
Whats soo funny about that?
 
The plastic square for the throttle might need cleaning and lubrication. This is the piece where your throttle cable connects. With all the dirt and possible moisture these do stick.
I thoroughly cleaned it and it slides easily. This is the part that was giving me troubles on a different tiller (another story).
 
The link you have hooked to the control (the sprocket as you called it) needs to be removed and hooked to the governor arm out of the engine. Then the spring need to be hooked to the governor arm. Check the photo ILENGINE posted. The way you have it set up the governor has no control of the engine.
Remember the governor is what controls the speed and cannot do it if it is not in the link.
Thanks, I plan on doing it as he suggested.
 
I thought while I had the carb off I'd replace the oils.

This is the tiller I have, 5 HP B&S:

IMG_8092.JPG

I've always replaced the oil in front of the engine (engine oil??):

IMG_8091.JPG

But never the one in the back. What is this one for??

IMG_8090.JPG

What type of oil does each take? SAE 30 ??
 
I thought while I had the carb off I'd replace the oils.

This is the tiller I have, 5 HP B&S:

View attachment 74656

I've always replaced the oil in front of the engine (engine oil??):

View attachment 74657

But never the one in the back. What is this one for??

View attachment 74658

What type of oil does each take? SAE 30 ??
I use 30W by Penzoil
Or
Caster oil GTX 10W-30
I believe it’s about 20 oz?
You open the oil cap and fill it to oil in right about to overflow out.
If you use the tiller a lot it will use oil.
If you’re like me and I only rototiller my 93 year old Dad’s gardens three time a year it rarely is an issue. It’s used probably 6 hours a year.
Oil changes to me should be done every 25 hours or annually. Cheap insurance
 
Back
Top