Tiger Cub Hydro fluid

scagman2

Threads
How much 20/50 hydro oil does the Tiger Cub need for a complete fluid change? I have looked in the owner's manual for spec's and capacities and it doesn't say.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If my memory is any good, I think you need roughly 4 quarts total. Haven't done one in many years.

scagman2

Threads
If my memory is any good, I think you need roughly 4 quarts total. Haven't done one in many years.

Thanks. I have done this before, but at 500 hr. intervals... have forgotten how many quarts.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
When the hydraulic filter is removed, the reservoir will drain out thru the filter adapter. About 3 1/2 quarts will drain out and the total amount including the oil in the filter will be about four quarts. As the filter is installed vertically, prefilling the new filter before installing it will reduce the air bleeding time. Install the new prefilled filter, put three quarts in the reservoir and let it set for 10-15 minutes, this will fill and bleed the air out of the filter. Start the engine and top off the reservoir to the bottom of the metal sleeve. Set the sleeve so the hole in the side of it faces forward and tighten the fill cap. Test drive the machine and recheck the oil level.

scagman2

Threads
When the hydraulic filter is removed, the reservoir will drain out thru the filter adapter. About 3 1/2 quarts will drain out and the total amount including the oil in the filter will be about four quarts. As the filter is installed vertically, prefilling the new filter before installing it will reduce the air bleeding time. Install the new prefilled filter, put three quarts in the reservoir and let it set for 10-15 minutes, this will fill and bleed the air out of the filter. Start the engine and top off the reservoir to the bottom of the metal sleeve. Set the sleeve so the hole in the side of it faces forward and tighten the fill cap. Test drive the machine and recheck the oil level.

Thanks Mad Mackie... always nice that you share your scag knowledge. Merry Christmas.:smile:

Wynn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just did my tiger cub today...took a little over 3 quarts. Drove it around a little, and fluid level is 3 inches from top of neck. I'll check it after my next use and top it off if necessary.

Wynn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone else encountered the issue of the seat spring pin puncturing the hydraulic line directly below it? Seems I read an old post about it, and checked mine. Sure enough there was a indentation in the hose. I sleeved it with a piece of plastic conduit and kept an eye on it. It eventually sprang a leak. I removed the spring and pin and dropped a compression spring down the hole to support the seat so the safety switch would stiii work. Seems to be a design flaw.