Tiger Cat 2 noise issue- help!

Hkfan45

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fairly new Tiger cat 2. 26 hours and it has made this noise since new. But, seems worse now. It sounds like it’s coming from bottom rear. Can anyone identify issue from the video? It’s a metal on metal rattling noise that comes and goes. Oil level is full and no other obvious issues. Performance seems fine other than terrible noise.

Please help!

Thanks!

DDDellinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does this noise ever go away? Does engine speed or blade engagement have any effect?

I've seen a recent Scag walk-behind make a similar noise: the plastic fan blades on the hydro pumps were brushing against the metal fan blade cover. Trimming the blades slightly made the awful noise go away. Hopefully yours is something similar.

Hkfan45

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does this noise ever go away? Does engine speed or blade engagement have any effect?

I've seen a recent Scag walk-behind make a similar noise: the plastic fan blades on the hydro pumps were brushing against the metal fan blade cover. Trimming the blades slightly made the awful noise go away. Hopefully yours is something similar.
Thanks. Yes, the noise goes away. It sorta oscillates between making sound and not. Engaging the blades doesn’t really seem to impact whether I hear the noise. It can go 5-10 mins with no noise but then bam, noise. Also, when I hear the noise I seem to see that bottom spring vibrating more. But, nothing seems loose.

Hkfan45

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK. I did a little more investigation. Took off plastic fan shrouds. No change. Then, I changed the throttle position and the noise seems to go away above idle. Meaning, I am only hearing this awful rattle noise in the video at idle.

Any ideas? This can’t be normal, right?

Hkfan45

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any chance that spring is too loose? Is the bearing bad which is causing excessive vibration and thus rattling noise?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly there is a problem with the belt / pulleys
That spring should not be ossillating like it is in the video
Secondly the metallic sound is the PTO clutch
Hammer some plastic wedges between the slot in the clutch and the anti spin peg
Some mowers had plastic / rubber sleeves to stop the clutch ratteling while others had a light spring to keep the clutch tight against the face of the peg .

Hkfan45

Forum Newbie
Threads
Firstly there is a problem with the belt / pulleys
That spring should not be ossillating like it is in the video
Secondly the metallic sound is the PTO clutch
Hammer some plastic wedges between the slot in the clutch and the anti spin peg
Some mowers had plastic / rubber sleeves to stop the clutch ratteling while others had a light spring to keep the clutch tight against the face of the peg .
When you say problem with the belt/pulleys, what issue could this be?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With no load on the pulleys the belt tensioner should barely move
Yours is moving several inches so there is some thing wrong
BAd bearing, flat spot on pulley no lube on the fulcrum point fulcrum flogged out oval