throttle speed

earnest t bass

Threads
Have 10515 it will not throttle down when moved to slow position. cable seems fine and is moving air vane new spring any ideas?

viperv10

Threads
I had the same thing happen to me. Found out that the end of the throttle spring came loose from the plastic cable linkage that slides back forth above your air cleaner box.
FuzzyDriver posted a link to a youtube video about this issue on my thread about no throttle response, just 2 threads down below yours. The video is a dura force but the throttles are set up just
the same as your F engine 10515. I don't know what else it could be. Let us know if you get it figured out.
Regards,
Jerry

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you installed a new governor spring under the air vane, it is set too tight and must be adjusted to lower idle RPMs.

earnest t bass

Threads
i know by turning the nut it tightens or loosens but it runs fine at the high speed how do you cut the rpms?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don’t know what nut you are talking about. Are you sure that the air vane is not hitting something, preventing it from closing the throttle? With the engine not running you should be about to move it very, very freely.

earnest t bass

Threads
the serated black wheel is the nut i was refering too vane moves freely i might reinstall the spring and start from scratch