throttle lever lowers while mowing ???

shull72

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Bobcat XRZ Pro RS and the throttle lever will just decrease and slow down as I am mowing even more so on rough terrain. How to fix this problem ?

shull72

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Bobcat XRZ Pro RS and the throttle lever will just decrease and slow down as I am mowing even more so on rough terrain. How to fix this problem ?
It will start a full throttle and go to 3/4 throttle in no time at all.
cant find how to fix online ??
any info would be appreciated ?
thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not easy
Remove the throtle cable at the engine then take out the entire assembly
The throttle lever will rotate either on a bolt ( tighten it ) or a rivet ( Give it a tap with a center punch ).
A PIA job to do .

shull72

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not easy
Remove the throtle cable at the engine then take out the entire assembly
The throttle lever will rotate either on a bolt ( tighten it ) or a rivet ( Give it a tap with a center punch ).
A PIA job to do .
I appreciate you saving me from messing it up. The rubber tie down pulling the throttle lever and holding it on full rabbit is working well for now just a extra step when shutting down on each mow.

thank you again

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
A lot of the newer throttle controls are designed to do this if not properly adjusted. You have to set it to when the throttle is in wide open position the throttle lever on the engine is all the as far as it will go. The throttle control has a detent that it rest in and will not creep back and run slower. It is designed like this so people will run it at wop the way the engine is designed to run. Had an issue with a Dixie Chopper and the customer wanted it to stay where he put it. I called Chopper and this is what they told me. This did not satisfy the customer so I had to take it apart and put a bolt and a lock nut to tighten it down so it would stay where it was put.

Lee A

Forum Newbie
Threads
I readjusted mine at the carb tightened it back up and I have no more problem.