There's your problem

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is a low dollar chicom generator with a chonda engine. Not worth the effort to clean. I just ordered a $10 chineesium ebay carb. The metal gas tank is a ball of rust too. I have a tank off an old JD mower which i will use big zip ties to attach. Will keep it out of the landfill a while longer.

GentlemanFahmah

Threads
I have to say you win the grand prize for the nastiest carb and bowl I've seen! Wowzers. You can thank ethanol laced fuel for that or was this engine being used as a mooring for a boat in salt water? Fortunately, with the problems in new fuel formulations, replacement carburetors are plentiful and available. I don't think everyone has an ultrasonic cleaner in their shop, but ya never know...

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It is a low dollar chicom generator with a chonda engine. Not worth the effort to clean. I just ordered a $10 chineesium ebay carb. The metal gas tank is a ball of rust too. I have a tank off an old JD mower which i will use big zip ties to attach. Will keep it out of the landfill a while longer.
those Harbor freight generator gas tanks will rust out if you even say the word "salt".

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The thing is even cheaper than a HF genny. It has no brand name or model number on it. I wouldn't spend any time on it but it belongs to a friend. I had to use a hammer to get the bowl off the carb. $10 for an ebay carb vs me spending a couple hours at $40/hr farting around with the trashed carb.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
A cap full of Marvel Mystery Oil in your fuel will fix that.

SamB

Threads
This carb fits my story a while back about the Sears Craftsman lawn tractor getting washed after every mow job. Water WILL get in the fuel tank through the vent and cause this. Under warranty? Uh,maybe not. LOL!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This carb fits my story a while back about the Sears Craftsman lawn tractor getting washed after every mow job. Water WILL get in the fuel tank through the vent and cause this. Under warranty? Uh,maybe not. LOL!
Had another gentleman swear I was nuts about him washing his mower for 35 years on here.

Last edited:

dougand3

Threads
I had a Honda carb 1/4 as bad as Hammer's and I WAS GONNA FIX IT! Float pin was so seized in there that I busted a goalpost whacking it.