There are 30 very good reasons to buy your next mower from the Depot

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / There are 30 very good reasons to buy your next mower from the Depot
"Read "FYI and Amazement"....sorry, I am a nasty, sarcastic old fart, worse than Twall by a long shot...."

Na, You and Twall are just keeping the conversation going. I'm sure I would like you both if we ever met in person.:drink: This would be boring without the sarcastic remarks!:laughing:

Read your quote by Miles, and reflect on how nasty I am to poor Robert...now doesn't that make you wonder about MY character....?

AndySKane

Threads
All seriousness aside, there are many good reasons to buy my next mower from HD.

1. They're open when I'm not working.
2. They have a nice display of mowers, riders, and accessories.
3. I can read the fact sheet better than the salesman.
4. I know more about the mower than the salesman.
5. I can look the mower over without a salesman hovering over me.
6. I won't have a dealer salesman who ignores me because I'm not a "Professional"
7. I won't have a dealer salesman who ignores me because I'm not a "regular"
8. I won't have a dealer salesman who talks down to me because I don't know everything.
9. I won't have a dealer salesman trying to snooker me.
10. I won't have a dealer salesman who is too busy doing something else.
11. I can go online and check out what Home Depot has before I go there.
12. I can bring my wife and she won't get bored when I spend too much time in the mower section.
13. I'll have a 30 day money back guarantee.
14. While I'm there I can buy some lumber to expand my mower shed.
15. There's lot's of other stores around, like Walmart and McDonalds, where I can buy other stuff.

That's only 15 but I'm sure someone could come up with 15 more.

LandN

Threads
the next 15....the good dealer knows his product line....the good dealer doesn't have to read que cards(i can do that)... the good dealer can supply you with a free loaner if need be...the good dealer knows what each model is able to do...the good dealer sells accessories...the good dealer has product delivery if need be...the good dealer has update info on models...the good dealer has trained techs in the shop area...the good dealer will let you brouse through the models if you wish to...the good dealer will adapt himself to your level of experience...the good dealer will inform you on all operations of operating the product...the good dealer has a reputation to uphold and will not tarnish that...the good dealer does not have untrained rookies dealing with the public...the good dealer has a good parts supply department...the good dealer also has a nicely displayed model lineups............. dealers are not all created equal,and not everyone is fortunate to have a good dealer in their part of the country.:smile:

robert

Threads
Landn/Andy, I am not a big fan of any big box store; in fact I avoid them whenever I can-nearly 100% of the time pricing at the wholesale houses I do business at is better, alot better. But the fact remains that aside from Deere and the mega stores no other oem, nor any dealer I have spoken to will offer ANY return option, after use, none.. AND this is the point of the thread.

JD et al, I take it that your nonsense is a tacit admitssion that I am correct?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Landn/Andy, I am not a big fan of any big box store; in fact I avoid them whenever I can-nearly 100% of the time pricing at the wholesale houses I do business at is better, alot better. But the fact remains that aside from Deere and the mega stores no other oem, nor any dealer I have spoken to will offer ANY return option, after use, none.. AND this is the point of the thread.

JD et al, I take it that your nonsense is a tacit admitssion that I am correct?

To me, nonsense is laying out serious money for a product without carefully researching the purchase before plunking down the cash.

As for HD, I have never purchased any lawn care item there, probably never will, return policy or not.

And NO, you are not gettinbg a "TACIT ADMITSSION" (SIC) you are correct.

Jetblast

Threads
My purpose in starting this thread is to make certain that everyone who is about to sign a sales contract for a new machine is CERTAIN of what options are available in the event the machine fails or that performance is less than expected.

I bought a new mower and very quickly had to have it sent back for warranty repairs; found out the hard way that the maker doesn't want to know anything.

Names aren't important-what CAN happen is....

This would have been the right way to start this thread.

Lawn Mower Forum is made up of gearheads who want to help end users. Also, to make fart noises with our armpits, but mostly it's that "help end users" thing.

Are you sure you're using the forum correctly?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This would have been the right way to start this thread.

Lawn Mower Forum is made up of gearheads who want to help end users. Also, to make fart noises with our armpits, but mostly it's that "help end users" thing.

Are you sure you're using the forum correctly?

EXACTLY!!!! :thumbsup:

AndySKane

Threads
I came up with 18 more good reasons to buy your next mower at Home Depot.

16. My old mower crapped out Saturday night and I have a big party Sunday. HD was open.
17. My neighbors all bought at HD or Lowes except for that old crank on the corner still using some antique from the 70's. He's always messing with it.
18. The price is clearly marked.
19. Wow, it's on sales for $300 off and it's Sunday. I'll go get one.
20. I can easily compare Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears and get the best price.
21. HD is a major national chain, they have buying power on the good stuff and can make the best deals with the Mfg.
22. No haggling over price.
23. No haggling to see if I could get some freebees thrown in.
24. No second guessing my self about not getting the best deal from the salesman.
25. I've got a big lawn - 3/4 acre and HD had a Cub garden tractor, 27 HP, 54" deck for $2999. Wow! a garden tractor for less than $3000. I heard that's what you need for a big yard but $2999 for A Cub Cadet and free delivery to boot.
26. I've got a small lawn - 1/4 acre and HD had lots of riders for a grand or less.
27. They'll deliver it for a reasonable fee.
28. They have cool truck I can rent to drive it home in. Feel like a trucker.
29. These guys have a better selection and know more than the Kmart down the road.
30. These guys even have better stuff and know more than the Walmart down the road.
31. Ha Ha,I saw a push mower in the drug store down the road. Only a chump would buy a mower there.
32. So what if they don't service it. I got a tool set and all the dummies in high school did mechanics. How hard can it be.
33. All the manufacturers now build throwaway stuff why pay more at a dealer when I'll buy new in 6-7 years anyway. Like a car but cheaper.

jenkinsph

Threads
I like shopping at the Depot for outdoor power equipment, I walk up and down their lineup and look at the shiny new stuff and see that nothing they have is as good as what I have at home. Satisfied, I can go home knowing that I saved money by not buying anything. When I go to the dealerships I often will see a newer larger tractor, implement or whatever and often develop tractoritis or implementitis. :ashamed:

fastback

Threads
I have found that HD only carries a limited inventory. They do not usually carry the top of the line models. This is where a dealer shines. He not only knows his equipment but also carries the stuff that works well. You can also ask why a model is better than the other and maybe get a informed answer. For me I would never buy at HD, but that's just me.