the Murphy's Law week in review

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Medart isn't any better for freight, And Star is not in their distribution zone for Hydrogear. He is in Gardners distribution area for hydrogear and several other brands.
You right as I am in the AL/TN area. And I can actually the Hydro Gear parts from RBI too just at slightly higher cost. It is Tuff Torq parts that I must buy thru Gardner.

Well my salesman lie to me yet again as he said they had it in stock. Now it is on an over one month b/o. Darn if I knew that the order would have went to someone else.
1667745215580.png
I HATE liars. It might not help but I putting them on another six month no purchase ban here. They have already lost seven months of sales for the last problem I had with them which cover half of normal purchases from them. RBI just keeps getting the sales. Nearly 3K could have been Gardner sales last year that went to RBI instead. Now this chart don't include the current Gardner order nor any of the other open/partially received POs.

1667744726016.png
Look at what happen to A&I for their lies. At one time I was buying nearly 4K from them per year. I dropped them completely this year. I would rather pay more for the parts then to be lied to. Incorrect belts sizes, defective parts, and then the lies last year help make the decision for me.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update on injury. I have a high grade almost complete separation of the bicep tendon with the torn pieces retracting 9 mm, and a partial tear of the tendon that caused tennis elbow. Waiting on update from the doctor for treatment plan. Most likely will have surgery in the next week. Then start the 3-4 month recovery period.
Hope you get better soon.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Update on injury. I have a high grade almost complete separation of the bicep tendon with the torn pieces retracting 9 mm, and a partial tear of the tendon that caused tennis elbow. Waiting on update from the doctor for treatment plan. Most likely will have surgery in the next week. Then start the 3-4 month recovery period.
What in the heck did you do to get this injury? Just curious, you don't have to say. Just sounds really bad.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What in the heck did you do to get this injury? Just curious, you don't have to say. Just sounds really bad.
Large round chuck of firewood, that was leaning against another smaller piece and I put my fingers under the edge of the wood, and started to lift to set it on edge, and at the start of the lift things went pop pop. From my understanding it is a very common injury in the 40-60 year class. It is caused by pulling on a straight elbow and the tendons since they are totally straight attempt to hold the elbow together under the strain and tear loose from the bone when things go wrong.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeoww ! Sounds very painful. Take care, & I'm in the well past 60 group.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeoww ! Sounds very painful. Take care, & I'm in the well past 60 group.
Holding the arm straight is the equivalent of banging your elbow on a table. rotating your wrist from palm down to palm up is like getting stabbed, and bending the elbow normally is like getting slapped with a rubber band while being burned. I can go from 1 to yelling out on the pain scale just by reaching for something.

And this weeks projects was suppose to be replacing the rear cv shafts and doing a full service on a Polaris ranger. replacing the hydro drive belt and replacing the right hydro hose on a Big dog mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sort like I was before I started wearing high top shoes. Before I could just be walking across the yard and step on a peddle the wrong and royal screw up an ankle. The last time I did nearly had to have surgery myself. Nothing like the feel of tearing tendons.

But my problem started before I was born. While I was infant I had to have corrective shoes as the soles of my feet was badly turned in so I think that why I have weak ankles.

Now people question me why I refuse to wear dress shoes. They like to laugh and point fingers from a distance because of the shoes I wear but I don't care as I don't like the pain if I don't.

IL you just got to be careful and watch out for yourself. Plus got change the way you do things to prevent injuries.
And this weeks projects was suppose to be replacing the rear cv shafts and doing a full service on a Polaris ranger. replacing the hydro drive belt and replacing the right hydro hose on a Big dog mower.
I can see those not getting done for a while; unless, the customer pulls the jobs.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ouch, I wear a back brace when I'm gonna do some heavy stuff. It helps. Hurt my back very long ago.