The kill wire question

cambre

Threads
Some one said the color of the wires are different on wiring diagrams. The kill wire coming off the DSAI module is white and when it goes into the connector its not white coming out going to the ignition switch. Anyway is this the wire that goes to the M terminal on the ignition switch? I think I have what I need to test the DSAI module. I have a spark tester and a digital multi-meter. I will study the testing directions again and try to test it. Thanks for any info on kill wire going to the M on switch or what wire is suppose to go there. Thanks

cashman

Threads
On inductive magneto ignition systems, any terminal on the ignition switch that has continuity to ground or earth when the key is in the "OFF" position will kill the engine. Generally it is the "M" terminal on the Indak type ignition switch's on magneto systems.

cambre

Threads
On inductive magneto ignition systems, any terminal on the ignition switch that has continuity to ground or earth when the key is in the "OFF" position will kill the engine. Generally it is the "M" terminal on the Indak type ignition switch's on magneto systems.

So the kill wire off of the magneto goes to the M terminal on ignition switch. Thanks cashman. bertsmobile1 who has been a lot of help to me, thought I might have somehow let a hot wire get to the wrong terminal on the mag and fried the mag. If I can get the ignition switch wired right without being afraid of frying any thing, then I can run a test on the DSAI magnetos to see if they are still good. Some on this forum are probably getting tired of me trying to wire this mower. With all the help I have gotten from this forum and haven't got it figured out yet must make some think I am hopeless. I am ignorant when it comes to wiring. I am retired an don't like to sit still. I have a curiosity about most every thing except electricity. I have always had other things to keep me busy. Now that I'm retired and all my wires burnt on this old mower I decided this is a good time to learn wiring. This should help me wire other things. That's if I stay with DC, if I try AC I will probably get electrocuted and the guys can say, well we won't hear from old Cambre any more. Maybe my dog will miss me. Thanks again cashman

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cambre I wouldn't worry about the hot wire to the module frying it, since your DSAI modules require a hot 12v wire to operate. The are like the old style battery ignition coils, they are not inductive like the newer ones found on briggs engines. the kill wire coming from the ignition module goes to the M terminal on the key switch. It could change colors when it connects to the mower wiring harness.

cambre

Threads
Cambre I wouldn't worry about the hot wire to the module frying it, since your DSAI modules require a hot 12v wire to operate. The are like the old style battery ignition coils, they are not inductive like the newer ones found on briggs engines. the kill wire coming from the ignition module goes to the M terminal on the key switch. It could change colors when it connects to the mower wiring harness.

Thanks ILENGINE, You made me feel a lot better about the mag not being fried. The wires do change colors on each side of the large connector. Thanks again.