The easiest way to change blades on a 46" Cub Cadet LT1045 I have attached a PDF file with the easiest way.

Ronni

Threads
  • / The easiest way to change blades on a 46" Cub Cadet LT1045 I have attached a PDF file with the easiest way.
I have found the easiest way to change the blades and/or replace the deck belt on the Cub Cadet LT1045 46" riding mower. I have attached a PDF file I have authored with illustrations of the parts involved. I hope this helps others so that they don't become frustrated like I was until I found out these tips.

Attachments

• Changing Blades on LT1045 Cub Cadet Mower.pdf
    345.9 KB · Views: 34

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / The easiest way to change blades on a 46" Cub Cadet LT1045 I have attached a PDF file with the easiest way.
Really
If you are removing the deck, the easiest thing to do is slip some 2 x 4's twice the length of the deck under the deck.
Lower the deck till their is no weight on the lifting arms then pull the 2 rear hooks and lift the deck height lever full height
Lean on the front of the mower so it rolls backward and AUTOMATICALY disengages the front drag link and provides enough slack to slip the deck belt off the engine .
Slide the deck out using the 2 x 4's as rails
Job done in less than 2 minutes

Changing the blades

Don't touch any of the spindle covers
Hold the blade & hit the bolt with an impact wrench
If you don't have an impact jamb the blade & use a breaker bar
Unless the blades have not been changed for 5 years and all of the cutting edge has been worn back to the end of the cutting angle the blades will be off in under 2 minutes

If the blades have been worn back too far the bolts will have over tightened to the point that they can not be removed so cut the heads off.
Once the heads are removed they will undo with your fingers .

Easier still is to jack up the front end , drive the mower up some truck ramps ( car ones are just a bit too low ) or sling it by the front axels
Again a couple of minute job

But nice job with the desktop publishing just the same .

Ronni

Threads
Really
If you are removing the deck, the easiest thing to do is slip some 2 x 4's twice the length of the deck under the deck.
Lower the deck till their is no weight on the lifting arms then pull the 2 rear hooks and lift the deck height lever full height
Lean on the front of the mower so it rolls backward and AUTOMATICALY disengages the front drag link and provides enough slack to slip the deck belt off the engine .
Slide the deck out using the 2 x 4's as rails
Job done in less than 2 minutes

Changing the blades

Don't touch any of the spindle covers
Hold the blade & hit the bolt with an impact wrench
If you don't have an impact jamb the blade & use a breaker bar
Unless the blades have not been changed for 5 years and all of the cutting edge has been worn back to the end of the cutting angle the blades will be off in under 2 minutes

If the blades have been worn back too far the bolts will have over tightened to the point that they can not be removed so cut the heads off.
Once the heads are removed they will undo with your fingers .

Easier still is to jack up the front end , drive the mower up some truck ramps ( car ones are just a bit too low ) or sling it by the front axels
Again a couple of minute job

But nice job with the desktop publishing just the same .
Good to know! I've had this mower for quite a while and have always had to wrestle with it to do these things and the manual is less than worthless for these things. So, I thought I would write up what I have learned over the years on the best way to make it easier. I appreciate your insights as well. Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you have to wrestle a dozen decks a day off mowers in various states of disrepair , with slots worn into the mounting pins so they won't pull out , bent arms, twisted decks etc, you learn really quick how to do these things without killing yourself.