That's expensive

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Definitely something they came up with so it would be unique.
1717193790929.png
But there a slightly cheaper on Amazon.

And you wish to try these folks under PN AH127662, it is $27.69 but they want $20 to ship it.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have found Toro #38-1420 switches for $40.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Appear to be the same switch with just a different connector.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks. This is for a personal project. I am restoring a 70's era JD 111 mower. Every year at the town's farm day parade (yes, I live in a small hick town) farmers bring their big green tractors out. I will have the smallest green thing. Jd111.jpg
So far new tires, starter. Carb, seat. New decals ordered. Steering spindles and steering gear was rusted tight. Going to sand, prime and paint it. I literally pulled this out of a load going to the shredder. A lot of work for a toy to drive in a parade once a year.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
John Deere is the the king of “proprietary parts”. There is something slightly changed so you must buy their part for it to work right. John Deere is also secretive about service and repair information making it harder to work on. I am not a fan of John Deere by any stretch, however, with about 1 in 5 riding mowers (minimum) I work on being a John Deere, I have to adapt.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And also got pay for the Gold paint too.

GearHead36

Threads
John Deere is the the king of “proprietary parts”. There is something slightly changed so you must buy their part for it to work right. John Deere is also secretive about service and repair information making it harder to work on. I am not a fan of John Deere by any stretch, however, with about 1 in 5 riding mowers (minimum) I work on being a John Deere, I have to adapt.
And this is why I have sworn off John Deere. A shame too. I want a tractor, and I can't, in good conscience, buy from the biggest American manufacturer of small tractors. Around here, there are two dealers... Deere and Kubota. I guess I'm getting a Kubota.

schreib69

Threads
Found the most expensive seat switch i have ever needed. John Deere of course
Re43526
$75 ....Think we gonna pass on it.
I simply jumpered my seat switch, cost me "nothing" on my older 445.
However, attempting to do the same with my NEW X740 found it will not start with a simple jumper.
Probably requires a special resistance to pass the test to start. . . hmmm. any ideas folks?