Tethered Gas Cap Removal

Bob S

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would like to remove my gas cap. How can I remove the tether so that I can completely remove the cap? If the need should arise to replace the gas cap surely there is some trick to get the cap off without just cutting the tether and letting it fall to the bottom of the tank. Is there some trick to doing this? This is for a Scag Liberty Zero Turn

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which type of unit or brand of engine are you dealing with. Many different types of tethering systems and guessing is not are part of a good techs skills.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is the engine, but the gas tank and cap are supplied by the equipment manufacturer. Model and serial numbers off the unit would help.

Bob S

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model SMZL-52

SERIEL # N7602993

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On that cap you should be able to squeeze the tether end and pull it out of the tank. Very easy to remove and put back in Without damaging it.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
smiling at the question. I have a small engine that has a cap tether. Hated it until it broke and now I miss it everytime the cap blows off somewhere and rolls on the ground while I am trying to fill the tank. :)

Lawn Addict
Threads
On that cap you should be able to squeeze the tether end and pull it out of the tank. Very easy to remove and put back in Without damaging it.
Rivets- You beat me to it.. Exactly what I was going to post.. (y)