Test drove several ZRT

fastback4

Threads
Went to the dealer and test drove new gas powered 60" cut ZRT Toro's, 60" Huskvarna's, and 1 lightly used ZRT 2009 60" Swisher 26hp B&S with 149 hrs. The dealer had a grass field where one could test drive these machines, and a concrete lot also. The ground was very hard due to no rain lately so all of the mowers rode rough. They all bounced me around pretty good. Is there a way to improve the ride comfort on these ZRT mowers? All the front tires where the smooth surface but very hard no-flat tires, so wouldn't a better air filled front tire improve the ride somewhat?.Yes i bought the Swisher and they installed new belts, a new starter solenoid, 3 new gator blades, 1 new right wheel hydro drive, and a gallon of gas to go. I traded them my rode hard 2006 Cub Cadet LT1042 and 1,500

Parkmower

Threads
Check the pressure in the rear tires they may be inflated to the Max psi. If you let a little air out may soften your ride. And look for a adjuster in the seat. These usually are only on the higher end suspension seats. Let us know how you like the mower. I've never seen one in person but online they look pretty tough.

fastback4

Threads
I'll do as you suggested and report back. The 60" cut Swisher compared to the Toro and Huskvarna 60" cut, the weight difference's were only 28lbs. The Husk was water cooled Kalasokki though. Now all of these mowers i've mentioned were of the non-commercial grade.

fastback4

Threads
Front tires were 40psi and rear tires were 20psi. This is recommended psi. I decreased the front tires to 20 psi and the rears to 15psi and no difference in the comfort of the mowers ride. The seat is a single spring supported seat. I suppose the ground is just to hard at this time to evaluate the ride of any ZRT. Thanks for your interest though. I will post another question regarding othe ritems about this mower that the short version manual does not cover very well....

Tom

scott47429

Threads
ask the dealer if he can get a supinison seat for it that will make all the difference in the world see if he has a mower there with one and take it for a drive you will love it

Parkmower

Threads
I know around here the ground is hard as a rock right now.