Tecumseh HS50 Starter Problems

Shriner39855

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

I have a mini model "T" that I drive in Shrine Parades. The engine is a Tecumseh HS50 67310L. The starter went out, so I ordered a new one (Part # 33607). My mechanic put it in, but it won't turn the engine over. Oh, There are two parts listed for the engine # 33607 and # 33607A. The sales person where I bought the part said either would fit my engine. Anyone have comments on my problem?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi,

I have a mini model "T" that I drive in Shrine Parades. The engine is a Tecumseh HS50 67310L. The starter went out, so I ordered a new one (Part # 33607). My mechanic put it in, but it won't turn the engine over. Oh, There are two parts listed for the engine # 33607 and # 33607A. The sales person where I bought the part said either would fit my engine. Anyone have comments on my problem?

What did your mechanic say?

Shriner39855

Forum Newbie
Threads
What did your mechanic say?
Well, he's a regular auto mechanic, but says he is at a loss as to why it doesn't work. I have the battery on my trickle charger right now to see if that will give me more turning power. I'll check back later with results.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, he's a regular auto mechanic, but says he is at a loss as to why it doesn't work. I have the battery on my trickle charger right now to see if that will give me more turning power. I'll check back later with results.

It would seem most likely he hooked it up wrong.
Check all wires and wiring connects for tightness, from battery to solenoid to starter.

Can you try and jump start with another battery and cables?