Tecumseh electronic ignition conversion

Threads
Has anyone converted a HH60 to electronic ignition ? Changed the coil and sparkplug , installed the nova unit and still no spark. Magnets are good and in place , no kill wire hooked up and still nothing . Could it be a bad new coil or what am I missing. Thanks for your help

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've never been able to get those Nova modules to work on that type of tecumseh with the coil and all that behind the flywheel. Lord knows i've tried and tried.... go back with New points and condenser,set timing, pull the rope, Vrooom...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If the ignitor is a dual polarity version try the reverse polarity. IE positive ground instead of negative ground.

Threads
StarTech .. I did try that and got intermittent spark very intermittent but nothing steady enough to run.Scrubcadet .. Ive thought about doing exactly what you said cause this conversion for whatever the reason just is not working out like i hoped it would . Thanks to you both for sending your words my way much appreciated

Threads
I'm going to get in touch with the supplier and see if they can give me any advice. If i get the key to making it work ,ill be posting it here so maybe it can answer anybody else who run into the same problem. Thanks again

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I also experimented with the Kawasaki single terminal modules on a tecumseh and had the same result..

Threads
I'm waiting to hear back from the supplier and see what they say about it .... that should be interesting to see what they come up with ... i'll be letting you know ... should be fun

Threads
Official message from the supplier is that the module will NOT work on Tecumseh motors such as a HH60. That old of a unit needs the point and condenser to fire the plug and according to them there is not anything available to convert them over. So there you go question answered.

indinjon

Forum Newbie
Threads
StarTech .. I did try that and got intermittent spark very intermittent but nothing steady enough to run.Scrubcadet .. Ive thought about doing exactly what you said cause this conversion for whatever the reason just is not working out like i hoped it would . Thanks to you both for sending your words my way much appreciated
Try turning your coil around I saw some where that can make those nova electronics work also. I put one on my h35 and runs well.