Tecumseh carburetor breather

GBR

Forum Newbie
Hi there,

I have a mower with a Tecumseh engine that had am carburetor like below.
1.2.png

After many years I both a new carburetor recommended for the engine, but it is like the one below.
2.2.png

If you look at the arrows, the new one (second) came with a second hole entry, different from the old one, that had the hole close.
After researching about, I conclude that the entry is now used to receive the oil and gases from engine breather, so that they can the burned up. In my case, my engine have a flat smooth tube from the breather that goes strait inside air filter.

Can I remove that input elbow and close it with something ? What is the best way to seal it ?

Thanks
 
So the carb I have on mine is exactly the same however with the new nipple you show in your second pic. It has a black cap over it which came that way so I assume you could do the same.
 
So the carb I have on mine is exactly the same however with the new nipple you show in your second pic. It has a black cap over it which came that way so I assume you could do the same.

Thanks colin93rs, I appreciate your help and indication. I will try to seal the nipple hole with something, maybe a piece of rubber inside.
 
Automotive vacuum cap would be better. You do not want something getting sucked inside the carb and causing problems later.
 
Back
Top