Tecumseh bvs 143 engine problems

daz

Forum Newbie
Hi,
I am having trouble with idling speed of the engine. In essence the the engine will not idle, it is either on full revs or off; the idle control lever on the carb is not moving when I adjust the throttle. The pin on the engine case that the idle control spring is attached to seems loose.
Any ideas anyone??
Regards,
Darin.
 
Hi,
I am having trouble with idling speed of the engine. In essence the the engine will not idle, it is either on full revs or off; the idle control lever on the carb is not moving when I adjust the throttle. The pin on the engine case that the idle control spring is attached to seems loose.
Any ideas anyone??
Regards,
Darin.


What do you mean by pin...?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 19
I think he is talking about the governor control rod. If you don't know what the governor is I would get a mechanic. You don't tell us the model of the engine. Some don't have a idle setting, it's on or off.
 
Back
Top