Tecumseh 3.5 HP, (143 35 4292), ser1 carb. Craftsman 113.796810 Lawn Vac, gas leak

udder

Forum Newbie
Bought this several years ago at estate sale. Used and ran fine. Stored for several years. Now when I am downsizing myself I filled it and started. Runs fine except for fuel leak. I though it was stuck float or filled metal float. Neither is the case. Adjusted needle tab and still got a leak. Finally hooked up fuel tank with carb. off of engine and there is a pressed on plastic elbow that that appears to be cracked and leaking.

Can the elbow be replaced with a brass or or do I need to buy carburetor?


Tecumseh 3.5 HP, (143 35 4292), ser1? carburetor on Craftsman 113.796810 Lawn Vacuum.
 
I doubt if you will be able to find a brass fitting to fit. The plastic one has a Tecumseh part number of 632527.
 
If this carb gets to be too much of a pain, check out the new carbs on eBay. Under $20 for a new one.
L8R,
Matt
End Time: May 3, 2015, 9:51:21 Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
A vise also works to grip and remove the broken fuel inlet, also makes a nice press to reinstall the new one, since you can't drive it in with a hammer, or you risk breaking it.
 
I had the same issue with the plastic cracking. I used a soldering iron to melt the crack back together. I cut some excess plastic off the square corners so I could build up the melted area some. So far so good.

Hope its not too late to help!
 
Bought this several years ago at estate sale. Used and ran fine. Stored for several years. Now when I am downsizing myself I filled it and started. Runs fine except for fuel leak. I though it was stuck float or filled metal float. Neither is the case. Adjusted needle tab and still got a leak. Finally hooked up fuel tank with carb. off of engine and there is a pressed on plastic elbow that that appears to be cracked and leaking.

Can the elbow be replaced with a brass or or do I need to buy carburetor?


Tecumseh 3.5 HP, (143 35 4292), ser1? carburetor on Craftsman 113.796810 Lawn Vacuum.
Did you get this figured out?
 
Replacement fitting is Tecumseh 632527. It is same one used on this carburetor.

A lot of folks think they just twist these into the position they want it in; WRONG.

Here to remove them it is simply a screw extractor. When it breaks free start pulling it out while twisting the extractor.

Installation is fairly simple too. First you need a vise or large C clamp to press it in. But before you start pressing align the elbow position to where it needs to be. Also if using a vise pad it. Just gently press it in. Don't use a hammer.

All plastic will shrink with age and if around metal break, just the way it is. But these fittings should never be twisted once installed as just causes them become loose and leak.
 
Back
Top