Export thread

TB360 Rattles when running until I pull on rope to tighten then stops

S

Swordfish80

Hi, I have a TB360 190CC. For the past couple years when I am cutting with it, it rattles like a chain a loose. Once I tighten the pull start assemble rope and hold the rattle disappears. I am wondering if I were to buy a hole new pull start assembly will this rattle disappear, or is there a chance it is something else. Pull start assembly is in good shape.
Thanks in advance.

R

Rivets

Please post the engine numbers so we can see what recoil system you have.

S

Swordfish80

Sorry I am new not sure if this tells you. 3F72E00B-6E84-4CBA-A148-7884082A4C74.jpeg

S

Swordfish80

Sorry I am new not sure if this tells you. View attachment 62417
Thank you

R

Rivets

Look on The metal housing which has the recoil attached for the engine numbers. The pic you posted is an EPA tag only.

Fish

Fish

Probably just needs the pull rope wound one loop tighter.

Fish

Fish

Or there could be some slop in the rivets that bolt the starter on to the housing.

S

Swordfish80

Look on The metal housing which has the recoil attached for the engine numbers. The pic you posted is an EPA tag only.
Ok I found the Engine Model is 121S 02 0068 F1

S

Swordfish80

Probably just needs the pull rope wound one loop tighter.
Can this be done without disconnecting the rope and putting it back through the holes? Sorry I am trying to learn how to work on this stuff

Fish

Fish

Can you take a pic of the top of the engine? So we can see the starter better?

S

slomo

Is this it? TB360?
1665011733354.png

S

Swordfish80

Yes that is

S

slomo

Remove the plastic shroud and possibly the pull starter housing. Exercise the pull starter a few times OFF the engine. See what is making the noise.

S

Swordfish80

I finally got my lawn mower running after changing the carburetor. Here is the rattle. It might just be the pull start.

S

Swordfish80

I finally got my lawn mower running after changing the carburetor. Here is the rattle. It might just be the pull start.
All my videos are too large

S

Swordfish80

All my videos are too large

S

Swordfish80

Would someone feel comfortable emailing me so I can shoot you the videos?