TB30r or craftsman r1000

Belibulu

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently replaced the transmission drive belt, now my mower drives slow going forward, but if I put it in reverse, the speed is normal. Any idea why this is happening? And how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you replace both belts. Experience has told me they both need to be replaced at the same time.

Belibulu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you replace both belts. Experience has told me they both need to be replaced at the same time.
I only changed the lower belt, and just changed the top one just now after seeing your comment. But the speed didn’t change.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you check to see that the drive idler arm is moving free keeping constant tension on the drive belt? Second did you check to make sure the variable speed pulley was moving up & down freely when you had both belts off? Both of these could be your problem, along with a bad pulley on the idler arm.

Belibulu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you check to see that the drive idler arm is moving free keeping constant tension on the drive belt? Second did you check to make sure the variable speed pulley was moving up & down freely when you had both belts off? Both of these could be your problem, along with a bad pulley on the idler arm.
It seems like the drive idler arm and the variable speed pulley is working normally??

loyolarambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently replaced the transmission drive belt, now my mower drives slow going forward, but if I put it in reverse, the speed is normal. Any idea why this is happening? And how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

loyolarambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, have you been able to fix your issue, when I engage my manual PTO lever, the PTO belt will not engaged and turn the blade. I have a craftsman R1000, 2017, 247.290005 model #