TB 30 runs hot.

jcsm5079

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased in 2019. Good mower but with some problems now. I ran the mower with the plug gapped wrong for awhile. Mixture too rich , would backfire some on stopping engine. Got that problem solved.. Now after 30 minutes will lose a small amount of compression then start loping and then die. Give it 20 to 30 minutes and will run fine for 15 m to 20 minutes and do the thing again. This mower is great for my yard: mulch mowing and mulching leaves. I do not want to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This mower is no longer available for purchase in NC

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds similar to debris in the fuel tank choking off the fuel supply.

tdanese

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a tb 30 doing the same thing I have replaced the gas, filters cleaned the carb replaced the coil and plug checked oil and I can't get it to stop it does after running for so long any ideas would help I've thought about changing the fuel lines but when I take the fuel lines off it comes out fine no issues even when hot,

It will start back up and run in starter fluid but not in fuel untill it cools back down

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like carb is vapor locking from heat. When it does it spray some water on the carb to cool it and see if it will restart.
If it is running hot most causes are, too lean, clogged cooling fins, not running at full throttle under load, retarded timing.

tdanese

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like carb is vapor locking from heat. When it does it spray some water on the carb to cool it and see if it will restart.
If it is running hot most causes are, too lean, clogged cooling fins, not running at full throttle under load, retarded timing.
I've checked everything I can for cooking good oil level and clean fins/air flow over it.

How would I check the timing?