Tanaka weed eater.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
TCG22EAS(SLP)
One of my customers gave me one of these the other day. Saying it was always leaking, so he'd bought a new one. So, I found the leak and fixed it. Check the spark and compression, both were good. Changed the fuel lines, primer bulb and what was left of the air filter. It fired right up.
But HOLY COW, this thing is a beast. It sounds like a chainsaw. And WOAH, the power this thing has.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a reason why they as so expensive and it is not just because they are still made in Japan where they know the meaning of the word quality .

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own a TBC340 Tanaka Trimmer and if you think yours is powerful at 21 cc this thing is a beast with 32 cc. with 1.8 hp. Have owned it since 2004 and only put 1 spark plug it it and put a choke plate on it. Best trimmer I have ever owned. Will put it up against any trimmer out there.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own a TBC340 Tanaka Trimmer and if you think yours is powerful at 21 cc this thing is a beast with 32 cc. with 1.8 hp. Have owned it since 2004 and only put 1 spark plug it it and put a choke plate on it. Best trimmer I have ever owned. Will put it up against any trimmer out there.

You ain't kidding, man. As soon as it fired up, I thought maybe the H side was too high. But after turning it down, then too high, I ended up at almost the same exact spot.
I have some high & thick grass (since it's been raining), and that thing just barely slacked off.

My brother just had his Echo stolen, so I gave him the Stihl. Thinking it was the better of the two. Now I'm glad I gave him the Stihl. I'm not parting with this.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is a reason why they as so expensive and it is not just because they are still made in Japan where they know the meaning of the word quality .

After fixing his Murray, I took a gander at the Tanaka fuel tank leak. Pretty easy fix with the soldering gun. I call the customer and asked him if he was sure he wanted the Murray instead of the tanaka, and he was positive. Said he probably won't even use the Murray. Said he had a battery operated one that he liked better than the small engine ones.
I felt like I was cheating him by not telling him about how much better the Tanaka was over the Murray, so I tried. But he wouldn't have it. Said he didn't want it back and for me to keep it.

LMAO.. Some days are just strange. So much luck, I'm wondering if something bad is about to happen. lol

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
After fixing his Murray, I took a gander at the Tanaka fuel tank leak. Pretty easy fix with the soldering gun. I call the customer and asked him if he was sure he wanted the Murray instead of the tanaka, and he was positive. Said he probably won't even use the Murray. Said he had a battery operated one that he liked better than the small engine ones.
I felt like I was cheating him by not telling him about how much better the Tanaka was over the Murray, so I tried. But he wouldn't have it. Said he didn't want it back and for me to keep it.

LMAO.. Some days are just strange. So much luck, I'm wondering if something bad is about to happen. lol
Tanaka is part of the Hitachi group and is good product. Never see them around my area anymore.