Taller Tires

BWH

Threads
I have a Snapper 21" self propelled walk behind mower that I would like to install taller tires on to get a higher cut than the original mower was set up to cut. My mower is a model 21355PD that come with 9" diameter tires on the rear and 7" diameter tires on the front. I would like to raise the cutting height by installing taller tires. currently I have 9" diameter on the rear and 7" diameter on the front. I would like to increase the diameter 2" on each to raise my cutting height capabilities. my mower can mow at 3" max now and I would like to mow at 3 1/2".

Has anyone installed larger tires and how did it work?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
One thing to remember is that if you want 1/2 inch of cut height you have to install at least 1 inch taller tires.

Mow Joe

Threads
Aside from possible clearance issues, the rear wheels have a hole with two flats to fit the axle. That's probably going to be your biggest hurdle. Back when I was in the business, an aftermarket company (probably Sten's) sold spacers of different thicknesses to raise the engine. This was mainly for using a longer shaft engine on a frame it wasn't designed for. This might have been an option, but with your mower being self-propelled, you would have issues with pulley and keyway alignment.