Tale of two tractors

jkp62

Threads
Ok, I`m off work today, already bored . So I have some questions. I have two tractors : a 2003 Husqvarna YTH1542XPG, 15 HP Kawasaki twin, 417 hours, and a 2004 Cub Cadet LT1022, 46 deck, 22 HP Briggs ELS , 265 hours . The Husq I think was made by Husqvarna, the Cub by MTD . Seems MTD is referred to as a ( lesser ? ) manufacturer , is that so ? The listed weight of the Husq is around 575 lbs, whereas the Cub is around 510 lbs.- does that indicate a sturdier chassis in the Husq ? General opinion, with equal maintenance, the Kawasaki should be a longer lasting engine , correct ? Ultimately, it does not make sense for me to have two tractors, for my 5/8 acre lawn . ( My favorite feature on the Cub is the yellow frame ! ) What ya think ?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look under the back of those mowers, see what type/brand of transaxles are under there. If you see a Tuff Torq K46 or 51 that's the one to get rid of - quick.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cub was bought by MTD but they are not made by MTD.
AFAIK they are still made in the original factory that IH set up decades ago when you could make a reasonable profit from making & marketing ride on mowers.
I would take a CC over any orange thing even allowing for the downgrade in design specs since MTD took them over.