Export thread

T1670 deck belt

M

man00

44" deck, I noticed the blade slow or stop when going over grass rows or anything over three inches tall.
With engine stopped and blades engaged looks like there 5" of slack in the belt. Is it possible that the belt has stretched
that much?...Belt has never jumped off or anything but trying to mow at 2.5" even in light grass will slow the blades

R

Rivets

Check to see if the belt tensioner arm is operating properly. Look for arm moving free and the tensioner spring is providing pressure on the belt.

M

man00

Check to see if the belt tensioner arm is operating properly. Look for arm moving free and the tensioner spring is providing pressure on the belt.
I adjusted the tensioner that the cable is very tight ..still lots of slack in belt and the arm is moving free
I may adjust the tensioner back a little to prevent the cable from breaking

R

Rivets

Sounds like the belt is not routed properly or severely worn. Here is the manual for your unit, check that you have the deck mounted properly and belt routed properly. https://www.manualscat.com/en/kubota-t1670-manual?p=21

T

Tried_it

44" deck, I noticed the blade slow or stop when going over grass rows or anything over three inches tall.
With engine stopped and blades engaged looks like there 5" of slack in the belt. Is it possible that the belt has stretched
that much?...Belt has never jumped off or anything but trying to mow at 2.5" even in light grass will slow the blades
My Scag 60" Turf Tiger was doing this so I replaced deck belt and ordered another tension spring. Seems to have resolved my issue until I hit a tree stump and shredded the new belt. Ordered another deck belt online.
*Find a online deck belt routing diagram and make sure it's routed correct for your machine.

B

bertsmobile1

When properly tensioned & routed you should be able to make the engine turn over by moving the blades .
Make sure the plug leads are off & wear gloves

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

When properly tensioned & routed you should be able to make the engine turn over by moving the blades .
Make sure the plug leads are off & wear gloves
Belts don’t stretch 5”. Tensioner pulley probably not making full travel. Remove debris, lubricate and work tensioner arm back and forth.